Please support your community by participating in the
Muslim Advocacy Day
December 17, 2018 – 10 am to 5 pm
The New Jersey State House, 125 W State St., Trenton, NJ 08608
On Monday December 17, 2018 representatives of New Jersey’s Muslim Community are gathering in our state’s capital to meet with our elected officials. The objectives of this meeting are:
- To strengthen or establish Muslim community relationships with State Assembly and State Senators and their staff
- To educate state elected officials and their staff about Muslim civil liberties concerns and proposed solutions
- To encourage state elected officials to support key policies that are important to New Jersey’s Muslim community
We encourage you to join the Delegation of New Jersey Muslims to advocate on behalf of the entire community. As a Delegate you will meet with your state legislators and encourage them to support the following proposed bills:
- A0461 - This bill requires adoption agency, or court, to maintain a child’s religious upbringing when placing child in adoption or foster care.
- A3077 - This bill prohibits disclosure of religious affiliation information by State or local government agencies to the federal government in an effort to prevent a possible religious registry.
- A1014 - This bill amends the current “Law Against Discrimination” and makes it unlawful to discriminate against someone if they have been a victim of a crime. For example: You can’t be turned down for a job just because you took action against a former employer.
- Proposed Bill - This proposed legislation would allow new mosques that have been approved by zoning boards to continue with building plans even if the zoning rules are changed.
TO REGISTER AS A DELEGATE PLEASE GO TO: https://goo.gl/forms/R7mx1Xgb2HqnQm542
Registration Deadline: November 30, 2018
Text your Zip Code to 520-200-2223. You’ll get a text back with the names and numbers of your federal and state reps and senators.