Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule Type: Full-time
Location: South Plainfield, NJ (In Person)
The Council on American-Islamic Relations, New Jersey office (CAIR-NJ) is looking for a qualified, passionate, and talented individual to fill the Operations Coordinator position. We are seeking individuals interested in working on the front lines of the fight for the civil rights of American Muslims. Join a small and intimate but quickly growing team that works to defend civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, promote civic engagement, strengthen the image of Islam and Muslims in the media, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day functioning of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of office space, assets, supplies, and equipment, including security, contracts, and insurance.
- Responsible for being on-site and managing the operations of the facility and organization Monday through Thursday, during work hours.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and records.
- Continuously improve operational systems processes and policies by innovating reporting of information, internal communication, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Serve as a thought partner to the senior leadership team in developing internal processes and driving culture shifts as organization grows.
- Efficiently manage departmental workflow and optimize inter-departmental communication.
- Proactively spot and resolve organizational or individual ad hoc challenges that arise.
- Identify additional ways in which we could improve; take on other responsibilities as we grow.
- Manage financial accounting related to fundraising and donor programs. Maintain and implement merchant service accounts, facilitating the most convenient methods of giving for donors.
- Keep track of invoices and payments to vendors and service providers.
- Complete purchase of and ensure on-time delivery of office supplies.
- Oversee donor management systems
- Create documents, publications, and graphics.
- Maintain the weekly newsletter.
- Handle posting for hiring, paperwork, and create internal training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Relevant experience required
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high degree of professionalism
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Comfortable working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment in a rapidly growing organization
- Compensation in the range of $42,000-$52,000, commensurate with education, skills and experience
- Fully paid Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey for employee and dependents
- 3% retirement matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 days paid vacation, 5 sick days, and 5 personal days
- You will receive on-the-job training
- CAIR-NJ provides an excellent Islamic work environment
How To Apply:
All those interested and eligible to work in the U.S. (citizens or proper work visa holders) are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
(1) Cover letter
(3) Three references
(4) Answers for the application questions found on this page.
Application Deadline: Interviews conducted on rolling basis.
CAIR-NJ is an equal opportunity employer.